Sunday 9 February 2014

Product Empties 6 | Part 2 | Make Up & Samples


Part 2 is here of my empties. I am starting with make-up products as there are slightly less of them before I move on to the samples!


Rimmel | Stay Matte Long Lasting Pressed Powder (Warm Beige 006) - I really like this. As you can probably see from the pic whilst I have hit pan there is still a lot of product around the edge. This does not want to transfer at all though. I have tried with a small brush & my fingers. Nothing. I was unsure whether I had the right shade when I 1st bought it but right now it seems to be perfect. I have re-purchased although right now I have gone back to my Bourjois one instead for a while.

Mac | Fix+ - I like this. I don't think it is as fantastic as some make out but I still like what it does for me. I have got another ready to go as well.

Max Factor | Face Finity All Day Flawless 3 in 1 Foundation. This is the shade Warm Almond ( 45.)  I actually had a love hate thing with this in the early days. I wonder if it was not the right shade at the time as I bought it 1st in the summer. But now I love what it does & in a rush it is perfect being a primer, concealer & foundation in 1. It has an SPF of 20 too which as I am not supposed to get the sun is just brilliant. I have got another lined up but I have bought it in  natural ( I think without going to look.) PS have just looked. Yes my new one is Natural & it is just 1 shade darker than this one.

Maybelline |  Superstay 24hr DualEnded Lip Color - In Soft Taupe (615.) I love this range from Maybelline. As I like lip colours that are going to last me for quite a chunk of the day. Gone are the days when I had the time to keep touching up my lipstick! I didn't like this shade as much as my others. I felt most of the time it did nothing for my lips at all. As you can see it has been well used though as the balm end is long gone. I am binning this purely as the product has started to dry my lips out because I have had it a while now.I wouldn't get this shade again. 

***********************************************


 Sarah Chapman | Skinesis Intense Hydrating booster - I got this is a beauty box ages ago & as I love a serum I was excited to try this ( especially knowing I was using a sample of a product costing nearly £60!! I generally use a serum under my moisturiser in the day only. I have no idea why I do this but that's the way I go with it. I used this a while ago so I am sad to say I have no idea how good it was & have no plans to spend money to have another try either!!

Benefit | Bad Gal Lash - I got this as a free gift in a magazine ages ago. I really liked this. I was a bit concerned in the beginning by the huge brush but I don't think it looks so bad on the full sized tube anyway. I love this but have too many other mascaras to go out & buy it in full size. Maybe a birthday lost item!

Origins | GinZing  eye cream - A 50z sample I got with my purchase a few weeks ago. It did cover me for about 4/5 uses but I don't think that was any real time to see if it was doing much. I probably will at some point buy the full size though as with eye creams I am always up to trying new ones anyway.

Roger & Gallet - Fleur De Figuier Replenishing Body Lotion - Another beauty box item. It has made my empties bag smell gorgeous for days!! This sachet actually came with an accompanying shower gel but that was used long ago. I really liked both items & would not say no to buy them full sized . We just know I don't need anymore body lotions/ shower gels!! 

Estee Lauder | Perfectly Clean Multi Action Creme Cleanser / Moisture Mask - I liked this very much. A small sample ( 7ml) but I could notice straight away how good it is. I only use facial washes etc in the morning usually ( apart from proper face masks that I only do of an evening.) & I really felt this set my face ready to face the harshness of the daytime. I already purchased this in full size ready to use when needed.

Estee Lauder | Advanced Night Repair - I used this tiny 3ml sample of a night time under my moisturiser. It was OK. Not sure I could get a proper reaction out of something that I could only use for 2/3 nights. On the other hand it is another product like the Origins eye cream that I could see myself buying to give it a proper test.

Clarins | Pore Minimizing Serum - This sample irritated me. I found the stopper thing next to useless & so by taking the lid off of it I would end up with more product than I needed. Thankfully the full size product comes in a pump instead so if ever bought I could at least use it without being annoyed by it!I don't think there was a particular scent with this. 

Origins | Plantscription Anti-Aging Serum - This I quite liked even if the colour reminded me of baby poo( as long as it does not smell like it Rob said...hahaha!) Quite a pleasant scent & yes I think I would give it a proper go in full size!

That's it then guys. Finally at the end. It was the little samples that make it seem like such a huge amount this time I am sure. It feels quite good to have used up so many items. Not that it has made any difference to what I have still but you know...! 

thanks for reading
Amanda x



No comments:

Post a Comment