Wednesday 23 April 2014

Current Go-To Make-Up

I know I only did a current make-up post not long ago but due to me not wearing quite as much make-up right now I have switched things up a little ( plus still within my spending ban it gave me a chance to use what felt like some new things too.)


First off I apply primer which as I am trying to save my Nars Light Optimzing Primer, I am also using Laura Mercier Foundation Primer as well as the one I have by Natio called Ageless Illuminating Primer.

I have not been using a foundation much atm , trying to keep my face feeling light. I think where Finley has been poorly & then I was ill too , I have just wanted something on my face to keep me looking semi human & which does not take up half my morning to apply.

I go straight in then with my Nars Radiant Concealer in Honey. This is my holy grail of concealers & as I am near the end of my tube , I expect tears from me because it will be well before my ban is up. #firstworldproblems. MY foundation powder of choice is Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in Warm Beige. Not much, just a light dusting.

Eyes now & I use an eyelid primer ( usually the Rimmel one.) I am using the No7 eye base too right now as well. I am not always using eye-shadow but I seem to be reaching for my NYX Trio Aloha/Mink Brown/Deep Bronze. Masacara is a must whatever else I put on my face etc. Soap & Glory Thick & Fast Mascara is really lovely. Gives my lashes a lot of volume ( which is good as that what is says it does! hehe.)
I don't always bother with my eyebrows. Preferring to use a clear mascara on them if at all ( not shown because my 17 one is a clear tube & looks awful If I do pencil them in I use my Nars Brow Perfector in Caucase.

Cheeks I am not wearing much at all. Just a light dusting on my cheekbones with Soap & Glory "Glow All Out" Illuminizing Powder. Sometimes I might add a little to my brow bone too depending what I am doing that day.

Lipstick of choice is still Maybelline & is still the Superstay 24 hour lip color. I am currently using "Grape Juice" as I wanted a change form my usual pink tones. 

Last but not least I spritz my face with a mist of some kind. I have several but one of my faves is the Mac Fix+ .

I realise that to some of you this still looks like tons of stuff. However  as I said I don't always put much on my eyes or brows apart from mascara so that. So that takes the primer, the eye base & shadow out of my routine as well as the brow pencil. Seriously there have been some days I have slapped on the mascara & gone out for the day! 

Anyway thank you for reading. Share with me your current go to items & also any recommendations for clear mascara? Whilst the Seventeen one is OK I am sure there must be better ones out there.

Amanda x

No comments:

Post a Comment