Tuesday 1 April 2014

March 2014 Beauty Favourites

 Time for the March 2014 Beauty Favourites. The foundation is missing from the overview photo as I did not realise til I have uploaded here I did not include it in this 1st picture. 

Anyway , let's get on with the post :-).

BODY SHOP - PINK GRAPEFRUIT SHOWER GEL £4 FOR 250ML || BODY SHOP - PINK GRAPEFRUIT BODY PUREE £8 FOR 250ML || OJON - REVITALIZING FLEXIBLE HAIRSPRAY. IN SET WITH SHAMPOO/CONDITIONER FOR £27  || NARS - LIGHT OPTIMIZING PRIMER £26 || RIMMEL WAKE ME UP FOUNDATION £8.99 || REAL TECHNIQUES EXPERT FACE BRUSH. FROM £8.99 || NARS - BLUSHER IN LAGUNA £26 || ESTEE LAUDER - PURE COLOR BLUSH IN HOT SIENNA ( 06) £25 || URBAN DECAY - NAKED 1, 2 & 3 £37 EACH.



Body Shop - Shower Gel in Pink Grapefruit - I love this so much. Beautiful scent. Really smells of grapefruit. I have a huge bottle of this. 750ml ( although for some reason that size is not on the website at this time so not sure if out of stock.) This one will last me forever & I do have a smaller bottle somewhere too so no need to buy it again for a while. If I ever run out of shower gels I most definitely would though.


Body Shop - Body Puree in Pink Grapefruit - I use this in conjunction with the shower gel as seems a shame to wash in the gel & then cover it with a different scent. Again although this bottle is only 250ml I think it will last ages too. I have never used a puree before so was not sure what to expect. It sinks in really nice & quick & smells just like the shower gel so I feel like I am walking round smelling like a fruit bowl. lol.


Ojon Revitalizing Flexible Hairspray - I got this in a set with travel sized shampoo & a travel size conditioner. i don't think you can buy it on it's own. Anyway the shampoo etc has gone away for me to take on holiday with me but I wanted to try the hairspray. I tend to have a love hate relationship with them & wasn't sure about spending so much trying this out. I went for it though & I must say I really like it. There is none of that stickiness that some hairsprays leave on my hair & no crispiness. Just helps hold my hair well with a nice subtle scent to it. I don't know that I would buy it again. It is only hairspray after all BUT maybe if they released it as a product on its own I would. I lied btw. I found the link for the bottle on it's own.


Nars Light Optimizing Primer - I spoke about this in a mini review recently. I still love it! I have since tried a primer by Laura Mercier & I must say that I still think this holds things in place a lot longer. I really do feel it keeps my make-up looking fresh for a very long time. I would be sure to get this again as right now it is way ahead of the others (I can't buy it until end of May though don't forget.)


Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation - Mine is in shade soft beige. I LOVE THIS. I get a lot of redness mainly around my chin & I swear this does the job so well I hardly need to use a concealer too. I was recommended the CC cream by Clinique to help combat the redness but I really think this does the job so much better than the CC cream. I will be grabbing another bottle of the wake me up as & when I am allowed as I think the price is great too (unlike the CC cream from Clinique.)


Real Techniques Expert Face Brush - this is the favourite brush of mine to apply my foundations. I just find it is the best one to get the cream to cover my face. I think it takes half the time than any other brush I have for this job. 


Nars Bronzer - in Laguna. Sorry for the awful picture. It is an awful thing to try & get the true colour to take ion my camera. I have hit & miss moments with bronzers. I have tried a few & I struggle to not look awful when I apply them. Not so with this. I do not apply loads. Just a slight dusting on my contours & around the edges on my face & down my nose. It is lovely. 


Estee Lauder - Pure Color Blush - Mine is in shade Hot Sienna ( 06.) I was horrified by this when I 1st got it. Used to more lighter pinky tones  I was not sure what I was doing ordering this burgundy coloured one instead. I was so scared I did not touch it for ages. I decided to try it a few weeks ago & now I am hooked on it. A change from my pinks & peachy tones.


Lastly we have all 3 of the Urban Decay Naked palettes. I use them all most of the time & because I mix the colours from each up decided to include all 3 here. From 1 I like to use naked, buck & dark horse. Creep I use for lining my eye sometimes. Also Virgin I use in my inner corner. Then from 2 I like suspect, pistol & verve with blackout being a eyeliner substitute at times. With 3 I am still experimenting so have not really at this stage got any clear favourites although I do like strange for inner corner. You may struggle to find the 1st one is stock as seems to sell out very quickly.
That is that then for one more month.
Let me know what you preferred using in March too.
Amanda x

No comments:

Post a Comment