Tuesday 1 July 2014

June 2014 Beauty Favourites

Morning All , 
I didn't bother with a favourites for May as I really did not use anything new or anything worth mentioning. To be honest I didn't think June would be any better but on closer inspection I do have 7 items to actually share with you! 

Body Shop Peppermint Soothing Pumice Foot Scrub. This is a new item in my daily routine & I love it. I always struggle with my feet but adding this to what I do has helped so much. Right now I am using along with the Intensive Foot Rescue ( which is actually my 2nd tub so that must be good too!)

St Tropez Gradual Tan Everyday Mousse. A recent addition as I never used to self tan at all. Also one I spoke about in a review here. I tend to use it for a couple of days in a row , which gives me enough coverage for another 2 days or so before I use it again. I will probably use it everyday in the lead up to our holiday but for now this way works well.

I was colour matched to the Clinique Moisture Surge CC cream in Boots store. I had gone moaning about the redness that can appear in places that no concealer, BB cream or foundation will quite cover. I was give a small pot to bring home to try ( mine is in Medium btw) & I was amazed at how well it does help. I decided the cost was worth it to add to my routine especially as right now , whilst it is quite warm most days I use it along with concealer in place of full foundation.

It will be no surprise to see this here. I have mentioned it so much but the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in the BOMB when it comes to concealing! I was heartbroken when my 1st tube ran out during my ban. I am in shade Honey - which again was matched to me when I was in store - this time Space NK. This week I have had 2 days where I have used only this on my face along with some pressed powder & it works so well at keeping me covered. 

Brows are another thing that until recently I did not do much with. Apart from regular waxing I did nothing else with them. After using a Nars pencil for a while, I was delighted to receive this Maybelline Brow Drama in Dark Brown in a Glossybox. I love it. No need to run a spoolie through it 1st & of course the mascara sets it all in place too. Brillaint invention!

Benefit They're Real Mascara. I got this in a magazine & I am going to be honest at 1st I could not see what the fuss was about. I hated the brush so much & just thought it really wasn't that good. I have no idea why I have changed my mind , maybe a few uses made it all seem much better to use. Anyway in these days of not wearing much make-up I find this is perfect for doing a little more to the eyes without going overboard with it. It layers up really well if you want it too but for me it gives me the eyelashes I want in one use. Nearly finished this one & I would not have bought a new one yet as I have so many other mascaras - so i was overjoyed to receive another of this size in my last Birchbox.

Lastly we have Rococo Nail Varnish Remover. I don't as a rule spend much on this kind of thing as I think the cheaper ones do just as good a job. I must have been intrigued by the packaging as well as the system of pushing the cotton pad down on to the pump thing. Anyway, it is great stuff. It does not have that usual over powering smell that you get with the removers. I wouldn't say it is the best smell in the world but OK nonetheless.

So, what have you been loving in June? 


No comments:

Post a Comment